5 must see places in Florence and some pottery shopping!
Florence is renowned for its beauty and is one of the most visited cities in the world. Here my personal top 5 of what to see in Florence!
1. Piazza DuomoPiazza Duomo is the religious heart of Florence and strikes every visitor with the majesty of the Duomo and Brunelleschi's Cupola, as well as the beautiful doors of the Baptistery. I strongly recommend you climb up Giotto's Bell Tower for a stunning view of the city.
2. Piazza della SignoriaPiazza della Signoria is the political hart of Florence and you can admire Palazzo Vecchio, the incredible scupltures of Loggia dei Lanzi, as well as the marble copy of David by Michelangelo.
3. Uffizi GalleryThis is one of the most important museums in the world hosting incredible masterpieces such as the Birth of Venus and The Spring by Botticelli. You need at least 3 hours for a visit, but it worths.
4. Palazzo Pitti and the Boboli GardensThis was the residence of the Medici family and hosts 7 great museums that deserve a visit. In addition on the back there are the marvelous Boboli Gardens, perfect example of Italian gardens and Renaissance life style!
5. Ponte VecchioLast but not least Ponte Vecchio. It's certainly the most famous monuments in town and you can't stop taking pictures of it! Walk up and down and admire the peculiar jewelry shops.
Pottery shoppingOf course Florence is also famous for shopping and you can find some great shops and boutiques. If you're looking for pottery you can go in via de' Guicciardini where you find some interesting shops. There you can also find our handmade Italian pottery that will be the perfect souvenir of your Florence holiday!
For more details about shopping don't hesitate to email me, and I'll give you all the addresses :)